Apply for MLA Leadership & Management Section Professional Development Award – Deadline January 15, 2015
The Leadership & Management Section (LMS) is pleased to invite applications from eligible LMS members for a new award providing a single recipient up to $1,500 toward leadership skills development through appropriate educational activities. The award is available to LMS members that have maintained membership for at least on one year and may be used for registration, travel, and lodging for an approved educational event.
Applications must be received by January 15, 2015, and include:
- Name, title, institution, address
- Date joined LMS
- Proposed leadership program or CE (full name, sponsoring organization, date(s) of program, description of the program with link to program web page)
- Program fees, expected travel expenses
- Letter of application to include:
1) How the leadership program will support the applicant’s overall career goals
2) The applicant’s specific learning and career objectives for the program
3) How the applicant plans to apply course content in his/her current job, future career, and/or service to MLA.
- Applicant’s CV
- Letter of Support from supervisor/director to include:
1) How the program will make the applicant more effective in his/her current role OR how the program will prepare the applicant for a new role in the current organization
2) A general assessment of the applicant’s ability to benefit from the program
3) A statement indicating whether/how the applicant will be given opportunities in the current organization to use the skills learned
Email application to:
Deborah Lauseng: email@example.com
All applications will be reviewed and the recipient selected by the LMS Award Committee. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by February 5, 2015.